Learning to enjoy bowls starts with learning the basics. Kohi Bowls offers various options to suit your needs:
Bowls 101 $45
- Held in conjunction with Selwyn College Community Education, our qualified Coaches take you through an introductory course in bowls. Learn the basics of bowl delivery and weight, game objectives, rules etc.
- Starting at 10.00am on three consecutive Sundays in October.
- Enrol directly at https://www.selwyncomed.school.nz/ then search Lawn Bowls 101
G.I.A.Go – “Give it a go” Days
Held at various times during the summer months, GIAGo sessions are an opportunity for you to learn the basics of lawn bowls. Learn the basics of bowl delivery and weight, game objectives, rules etc.
- Run by our qualified coaches you will learn correctly from the start.
- Check out our Event Calendar for the scheduling of these sessions.
Wednesday Night Fun Bowls $15
- Whether you’re looking to follow on from Bowls 101 or our GIAGo sessions, or starting from scratch, our summer Fun Bowls evenings will start you off with the basics or give you a chance to practise what you’ve already learnt. Bowls hireage included.
- Our Qualified Coaches are there to give you guidance as and when you need it.
- Run from October to March, check out our Event Calendar for the specific timing.
- No pre-registration required.
- Enjoy a drink while you play in the “cool” of the summer evenings.
- After the session join us for a get together with optional takeaways from our local “chippy” and a drink from our licenced Club bar.
- 5.30 registration for a 6.00pm start with play to 7.30.
Indoor Bowls $10
- Looking to start in the Winter months, our Wednesday night indoor bowls is a great introduction to the “mini” game where all the same principles of outdoor bowls apply.
- Run from May to September check out our Event Calendar for the specific timing
- Children over 12 welcome if accompanied by an adult.
- No pre-registration required, just rock up, bring your own nibbles/meal and enjoy a drink from the bar.
- Starts 5.30 to 7.30pm.